As you can see from the title, this is the second part of my collection of quotes that helped me see things differently while growing up. The first post (which you can find here) was very appreciated and based on all the request received I have decided to do a second part.
I have been “collecting” quotes since I was in the 7th grade in a black small note book that seems to never end. All the quotes are strong affirmations that had a positive impact on my outcome.
- The quickest way to acquire self confidence is to do exactly what you’re afraid to do.
- Never discredit your gut instinct. You are not paranoid. Your body can pick up bad vibrations. If something deep inside of you says something is not right about a person or situation, trust it.
- I know this: you can break before you sleep and start becoming whole again the next morning.
- Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery and reflection are essential parts of the progress towards a successful and ultimately happy life.
- If you inherently long for something, become it first. If you want gardens, become the gardener. If you want love, embody love. If you want mental stimulation, change the conversation. If you want peace, exude calmness. if you want to fill your world with artists, begin to paint. If you want to be valued, respect your own time. If you want to live ecstatically, find the ecstasy within yourself. This is how to draw it in, day by day, inch by inch.
- – but people never notice it. People never notice anything (I will surely say that this is from The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger – really loved that book)
- There is beauty in the courage of the fragile fighter. Those who persevere, despite all they’ve been through, those who still believe there is good in the world, as dark things we often find we need that light the most.
- If someone makes you feel, let them.
- Sometimes it is the smallest things that save us: the weather growing cold, a child’s smile and a cup of excellent coffee.
- You will meet many types of people in your life. You will meet delicate flowers, ranging oceans, quiet forests, towering mountains and colorful skies. You will meet thunderstorms, you will meet lightning. They will knock you down, they will leave you breathless. You will meet sunrises, you will meet gardens. They will give you light, they will take you on adventures. Explore them. Get lost with them. They all have something different to teach you.
- Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.
- How does one translate sadness into poetry? For I have tried but somehow, my words fail to be beautiful. Maybe I am not trying hard enough. Or maybe, my words are simply mirroring the writer.
- There are times when life is like a fairy tale. With a beautiful happy ending and other times when life is like poetry. All ripped pages and sharp words.
- Don’t wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don’t. b face if what we can lose in a day, in an instant, wonder what the hell is that make us hold it together.
- Build someone up. Put their insecurities to sleep. Remind them they are worthy. Them them they are magical. Be a light in a too often dim world.
Let me know in the comments below if you would want a 3rd part – as I have even more quotes to share.